“What’s the point of having a book club if you don’t get to eat brownies and drink wine?”Jami Attenberg
I started making these brownies years ago. It’s from the Bakers Unsweetened Chocolate package. They are easy to throw together and I always have these ingredients on hand. I get request for this recipe often which must mean they are tasty. I reduce the sugar to about 1 3/4 cup sugar and they are just as yummy. I dedicate this recipe to all my book group women with whom I have had the pleasure of eating many brownies and drinking many glasses of wine.
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) BAKER’S Unsweetened Chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Pecans optional
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease or spray pan with cooking oil and flour 13×9-inch pan
- Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. OR melt chocolate and butter over a double boiler until both are completely melted. Stir in sugar. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and nuts; mix well. Pour into prepared pan..
- Bake 30 to 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not overbake.) Cool completely.